I had my weekly appointment this afternoon and learned the following:
- I have stayed at the same weight as last week, so have gained a total of ~33 pounds.
- I'm still at 1 cm and am now 75% effaced. This still means nothing really, except that my cervix is pretty ready whenever the rest of my body wants to start to labor. But it's not a predictor of when labor will begin, according to my midwife. Could be tonight. Could be in two weeks. Let's hope for the earlier end of that spectrum.
- Our midwife today estimated that the baby weighs about 7.5 - 7.75 pounds. That was fun to hear about! I'll take that estimate over my patient's guesses of the baby's weight at work. (Yes, I polled my patients about the baby's birthdate, weight and time of day he'll arrive. They all guessed I'd have a huge baby, with guesses ranging from 7 pounds to 22 pounds - most of them were 9 -10 pound guesses.)
2 more days of work! I can't wait to have some time off!
No comments:
Post a Comment