Greetings from the land of cankles, heartburn and occasional ligament pain from down yonder!
Indy and I wanted to say hello from our backyard and make sure you're all up-to-date on Baby Stone happenings.
I had my 38-week appointment yesterday, and everything is about the same as it was last week. I'm feeling pretty good considering I'm carrying an extra 33.5 pounds. But yep, I'm tired. And yep, my ankles are big - it doesn't really matter if I elevate them or not.
I'm definitely feeling ready to have this baby.
Physically, I'm ready to not be pregnant for much longer. It'll be nice to shave easier, cut and paint my own toenails, move or get up from a seated or lying down position without grunting, see my ankle bones again, etc., etc. I will miss feeling the little guy move around in my belly (except for when he kicks me in the ribs....I won't miss that).
And mentally I'm feeling more prepared. We have the nursery all ready to go (watch for a new post on that soon!). We have the little guy's bag packed for the hospital with some cute outfits to wear home (one is a onesie that says "Hi. I'm new here."). :)
And I'm soooo looking forward to being done with work for a little while. I've still been working about 7-hour days, and I'm able to do it. I am just tired by the end of the day and for sure by the end of the week. Only 6 more work days to go... unless this little boy wants to make an appearance early. Even if I go past my due date, I'm going to be done with work next Friday. I think working up until 40 weeks is pretty darn good.
Anyway...that's the scoop for now. Baby is still hanging out. Things are progressing like they should. We'll keep you posted!
No comments:
Post a Comment