I am such a blog-reading nerd.
I have been following Young House Love for several years now - close to when they actually started their blog. Anyway, the husband/wife duo that started the blog wrote a book and had a book-signing last night at West Elm, and I waited in a ridiculously long line to get a book signed by them. I was amazed at how nice and polite and enthusiastic they were even after signing books for about 5 hours (when the event was only supposed to be 2 hours). I got in line at about 6:30 and got my book signed at about 10:30. What?! Crazy, I know. But I met some fun line friends and I got to see my cousin Wil work his retail/event host awesomeness at the event, too.
So here I am with the Petersiks. Yay! They have been such an inspiration on all things DIY, and definitely inspired me to redo our kitchen, among other projects around the house. I felt like I was so tired after waiting so long and after having a crazy week so far (jury duty, making sub plans, forgetting my wallet at work, taking care of a on-the-go 16 month-old...) that I didn't even remember what I wanted to say to them. So I got the signatures and thanked them for coming to MN and said that I hoped they were having a good visit to our great state. I felt like a tired, nerdy blog groupie with word-finding problems. Oh well...
Anyone else ever wait in line for 4 hours to get an autograph? Only me? :)

No comments:
Post a Comment