Saturday, November 3, 2012

16 months

It's been a while since we've done a monthly update on Emmett. Let's just say that's because he is one busy little dude.

I snapped this at the Como Park Conservatory on Monday.
Here are some things I'd like to remember about how Emmett is as a 16-month old:

  • He says all these words: hi, bye, Mommy, Daddy, puppy, nana (banana), dida (Indy), Bobby (not sure why, but he says this a lot! I think he's just experimenting with sounds/words similar to 'puppy')
  • He imitates a lot of words like he is trying to say them - like "all done" when he is done with a meal
  • He can use these signs to request things: milk, more, again, all done, grapes, apple, help, please
  • He can point to his eyes, nose, mouth, head, feet
  • He points to everything and says "uh?" because he wants to know what it is
  • He loves his stuffed animals, especially his puppies and chicky
  • He likes to play with his sensory table (water table turned sensory table = beans and noodles instead of water)
  • He still loves music and dances by bouncing and getting low. :) He also likes to spin in circles until he's dizzy while dancing. 
  • He eats everything, including veggies, meat, fruit, spicy foods (he even went out for Himalayan food and loved Tandoori Chicken). 
  • He is getting more opinionated and a little stubborn. He lets us know what he wants by screaming sometimes. Hence trying to use sign language to help improve our communication (especially "please" and "help")!
  • Emmett really likes Dora the Explorer and even recognized her balloons, etc at Party City the other day. 
  • He gives great hugs.
  • He recently started trying to say "cheese" when I take his picture. It's the cutest thing. 
  • If you want to make him laugh...
     - crawl on the floor and say, "I'm gonna get you!"
     - run around the house chasing him or letting him chase you
     - change his shirt - whenever he has to raise his arm to take his arm out of the sleeve, he thinks you're going to tickle him and just starts laughing so hard 

Mommy & Emmett's day at the Zoo/Conservatory
I'm sure there are more things I want to document...Things change so fast.

We just love our little Emmett so much and can't imagine our lives without him.

No comments: