Thursday, January 12, 2012

Christmas 2011

I am determined to get this Christmas post up before an entire month has already passed since Christmas!

Well, this year, we spent Christmas Eve at the Jeffrey party and then the Gehrman party. Eric's mom and sister took pics at the Jeffrey party, so hopefully we'll see some of those soon! We had fun there seeing family and exchanging gifts with cousins Kaitlyn and Samantha. They gave Emmett some super cute shoes that look like old man slippers! He wears them all the time - and finally his socks stay on.

Then we headed to the Gehrman party, where we actually got out camera out. Here are a few pics from the par-tay:

Cousin Sophia loves babies!

Crazy eyes! Look, I can sit up!

Cousin Jack also loves Emmett. Emmett is not so sure about
this close-talking cousin.

Maddie always smiles for the camera - she's a Gehrman. :)

Emmett's first Christmas!

Opening presents

I love this boy.

Cuddle time with Uncle Jason - who was visiting
all the way from London.

End of the night. Finley was not in a smiling mood - her
new giraffe puppet had just been stolen by a puppy.

Unfortunately, after we got home from the Christmas Eve parties, I got sick. Not just a little sick. Like super, violent sick for about 6 hours straight.

So we had to cancel our Christmas Day plans with my mom and brother, along with Eric's brother's family. It turned into a day of rest for me, while Eric took care of Emmett and me. The three of us had a quiet Christmas together. It was fun to watch Emmett open gifts on his daddy's lap - reaching for the paper and even ripping it and then of course waving it around in the air.

Over the following week or so, we met with our family and finally got to exchange gifts and visit. We lucked out with the Stone gathering - they had us over for Christmas Round 2 and made us a sushi dinner! Yum! Maybe that needs to be our new Christmas tradition with the Stones?

For New Year's/Eric's 31st birthday, we had a game night at our house with a few friends. It was really fun, and it worked out so well that Emmett just slept in his room and Jemma (my friend's little girl) slept in a pack-n-play in our room, so we could party into the night (and by party, I mean play the game "What?" until ~12:30 or 1am).

Well, I hope you all had a great Christmas (and Hanukkah, for those friends from the JCC) and a Happy New Year! I'm thankful for such a loving family, great friends, a caring husband and an adorable, fun, laid-back little boy.

I can't wait to see what the new year has in store for us. So far, there are talks of travel in our future...any tips for traveling with a little one are welcome!

No comments: