Saturday, March 19, 2011

Nursery Progress

Finally.

We have finally made progress on the nursery!

If you would have looked at our nursery on Thursday night, you would have seen a room with sheets hanging up as curtains, an empty dresser that would soon live at my mom's house, and several boxes/piles of baby stuff we've acquired from my family members. If baby had been born, he would have had nowhere to sleep and I would feel all chaotic.

Not the case anymore! I got home from work on Friday to find a busy Eric putting together our crib that had been delivered from Babies R Us!

It went from this:













To this:













To this:













And, on my way home from work, I made a detour to Tuesday Morning to see if I could find any good deals for our house. (If you've never been to Tuesday Morning, it's basically like a smaller version of TJ Maxx that changes out its inventory all the time and things are marked down like crazy. I love it. You never know what kind of treasures you'll find.) And good deals, I found.

I got these green curtains. (Someday maybe I'll share my saga of how curtains have been a huge pain in my @$% for this room.)


















And this super plush, soft, rust/red-orange rug. 














Here's a close up. Imagine your feet being massaged by these soft little nubs.














Plus, today we ventured out to IKEA and purchsed this pail, which we'll use as our diaper pail. We're going to use cloth diapers, so this will hopefully work out well as our dirty diaper holder. We just need to get a liner.


















We also picked up the Hemnes 3-drawer dresser in black-brown. It will double as a changing table since our nursery is quite small. Remember, we live in a 1920s bungalow. Everything's smaller here. I'm not complaining -- we love our house. We have just learned to be good at downsizing and purging every so often.

Speaking of purging, we actually took a load of donations to Goodwill earlier this week, and then we had to go inside and see if any great finds needed to go home with us. Are you ready for more great treasures? Well, we got several children's books and a really ugly magazine/newspaper rack that I am super excited to transform with some paint and a little love.

See? Told you it's ugly (for now).

Once it's redone, it will live in the nursery next to our glider. I figure it will be a good spot for books/magazines for me when I'm nursing the babe, and I suppose it can hold some children's books too. 





So, there you have it. The beginning pieces of our nursery. So far, it looks something like this (we don't have the dresser set up yet).

Not sure how the final set up will be. I'm not a huge fan of the light green glider with the darker green curtains right next to each other, so this will probably not be the final set up. (These pics were taken late in the day when the sun was setting, so the lighting is not so good, making it hard to see the real colors.)

Anyway....stay tuned for more nursery progress...

No comments: