Sunday, February 3, 2013

Winter fun

Plopped down in the snow for a snack
"Nooo!" is often heard coming from Emmett's mouth these days. It's not the "no" of the terrible twos, though (lucky for us). Instead, he says it while pointing out the window at all of the snow (nooo!). Those /s/ blends are hard to say for a 19-month-old.

So when it snowed last week and it was warm enough to go out to play (above freezing), Emmett and I took advantage. I pulled him around in his sled and tried to teach him to shovel and make snow angels. He like jumping in the snow and eating it. I think kids must be born with that skill because Eric and I definitely haven't taught him that.


Surveying the winter wonderland
of our neighborhood


















Here's a little video I took with my phone while we were outside the other day. 


Finley and Emmett "napping" in his crib
(they asked to do this!)
Another fun thing we've done lately is play with Cousin Finley. She came over to our house last weekend and then we went over there for a playdate today. It's so fun now that Emmett is old enough to play with other kids. He loves his big cousins on both sides of the family - he especially loves chasing them and yelling "go, go!"

Finley reading to Emmett in his little reading nook

Finley playing in the tunnel - what a cutie

No comments: