Sunday, February 3, 2013

Picture frame calendars

So....you may know that I love a good DIY blog and sites like Pinterest. And lately I've been really interested in projects that are cheap but also helpful as far as home organization goes. My most recent project I took on involved 2 Target picture frames, acrylic paint and free calendar printables.

I was inspired by this:


and this:


and I can't find which site/pin it was, but I saw someone who had covered the mat from a picture frame with wrapping paper to get a different look.

So I decided to paint the mats of both frames and then print out the calendar pages for two months and just place them in the frame over the mats. Then I got out some dry erase markers and went to town filling in our scheduled dates, etc. on the calendar. Here are my final products:

 Here are the two frames with one month per frame.
And here is one more close up. The photo quality could be better since I used my phone, but you get the idea.

These are hanging in our kitchen (which is a project that's kind of been on hold for a couple months since we can't use the garage to cut some pieces of wood, trim, etc.) near the sink/back stairs.

I love it so far - it's a nice, easy way to keep track of family schedules on the cheap and save paper (somewhat...). What do you think?

No comments: