Well, at least that's what they say at the JCC, where Emmett goes to daycare. He'll be advancing to the "Emerging Toddler" room in June one week before his first birthday. And I guess that title is fitting since Emmett is on the go all the time. Tonight, he was crazy! I had to move him from the changing table to the floor mid-poop diaper change because he was so squirmy that I thought he'd propel himself to the floor. Emmett is pulling up on everything, standing whenever possible, even if it means standing in the downward dog yoga pose...or while Mommy is trying to take pictures of him sitting in his chair.
So, Emmett turned 10 months old on April 23, and I can't believe how close we are to one year. It is so crazy how fast this whole year flew by. Here are some 10-month stats about our little man:
- Emmett weighs 20 lbs. (and had to switch carseats around 9 months old since his infant one was too small).
- He feeds himself finger foods of all kinds, and LOVES baked beans, cheese and meat (he has tried chicken, ground turkey and meatballs).
- He is super ticklish under the arms and giggles like crazy when we change his shirts or onesies.
- He can sign "milk" and uses it sometimes to mean "milk" and sometimes to mean "give me something, anything, I want more of something and it might not be milk."
- He crawls all of the house in search of any outlets that we may have forgotten to cover.
- Emmett loves Indy and yells "di!" all the time. He also tries to give her his toys, pacifier or food. She resists the toys and pacifier initially, but eventually gives in, so you have to keep your eye on those two.
- Emmett sleeps from ~7 or 8 pm until 6 or 7 am. He frequently wakes up in the morning and talks quietly to his stuffed animals.
- Emmett knows what "no no" means. When you say it to him, he says, "na na na na" and smiles.
- A fun game Emmett likes is to alternate screaming. Like, he screams, I scream, he screams, I scream. Pretty simple. Sometimes we play this game and forget to close the windows. :)
Here are some more pictures of our favorite little dude:
 |
| Deflated airplane |
 |
| That tongue is always sticking out somehow |
 |
| I'm HILARIOUS! |
 |
| Yum! Noodles and cheese... (and the tongue again, see?) |
 |
| I will sit here for 0.2 seconds. Go. |
 |
Big boy kneeling and playing. (He loves this toy from cousin Finley.) |
 |
| Too. Many. Beans. Ugh. |
No comments:
Post a Comment