Thursday, January 27, 2011

Baby Stone Update

I thought I should get this blog going by writing a bit about how this pregnancy has been so far. So here we go!

Here's me and the baby bump at 15 weeks. At this point, I was feeling pretty good, but still having weird aversions to foods. Mostly meat. While grocery shopping at Target one afternoon, I left Eric alone in the meat aisle as I quickly ran away (taking the cart with me) down the neighboring canned vegetable/salad dressing aisle because I thought I might puke just seeing shelves of raw meat. Poor guy. I left him alone as he yelled out something along the lines of "well...should I get anything?....hello?!"

And here's me a couple days ago at 18 weeks. Amazing how fast that bump has, well, bumped out! I think it also looks bigger due to the fact that I'm wearing black in this pic and then it blends in with the shadow on the curtains behind me (please ignore the fact that I never ironed them before hanging. I didn't hem them yet either.).

I'm feeling great this week. I get tired during my drives to/from work and sometimes take naps while watching TV at night. But other than that, I'm doing pretty good. And....drumroll, please....I cooked with meat last night. I made tatortot hotdish with ground turkey, and it was amazing: a) that I didn't feel sick preparing or eating meat and b) it was just amazing. I love tatortot hotdish. Especially in the winter. 

So things are good. Less than 2 weeks until we find out if Baby Stone is a boy or girl. I seriously can't wait. I had a crazy dream the other night that basically involved the baby punching and kicking its way out of my stomach (a la the movie Alien) at 24 weeks, and Eric pointed out, "Well, it's a boy!" I'm hoping the birth process is actually a bit different than that.

On that note, I leave you with a question: what do you think? Boy or girl?

3 comments:

Auntie Kristin :) said...

Yay! I'm excited to hear the updates! :) Hmmmm...I think if you dreamt Eric said it was a boy, it will be a boy - so that is the guess I'm sticking with. :)

The Ritchies said...

my intuition tells me that baby stone is a boy!!! can't wait to find out if i am right!!

The Drakes said...

Boy Boy Boy!!!