Monday, December 2, 2013

Two-year-old talk

Emmett is quite the conversationalist lately. Here are a few glimpses into what our conversations sound like, as taken from recent meal and bedtime chats. If I don't write them down, I forget, so I'm trying to be better about writing down the funny ones. Enjoy...

Chatting about Christmas at bedtime
Mommy: Santa makes a list of all the nice kids and all the naughty kids...
Emmett: And all the food that I ate. 

While eating lunch
Mommy: You need to eat your sandwich, too. The meat and cheese have protein to make you big and strong. 
Emmett: But they don't. They just make me sad. 

A little dinnertime conversation led us to asking Emmett what he's really good at it and what's he not so good at. According to Emmett...

He is really good at:

  • finding the tiny little pieces that are like crumbs (we think he may be talking about puzzles)
  • finding the colors that I'm looking for (maybe he means naming colors?)
He is not so good at:
  • playing with the Christmas tree (yes, this is accurate, as he is not so good at listening to Mommy and Daddy, who tell him not to play with the ornaments on the tree)




No comments: