| View of the cabin from the top of our stairs heading down to the lake |
Wolf Lodge eventually closed around the time I was in high school, and slowly, some aunts and uncles began buying properties up there. I felt lucky to have family members who invited me to stay at their cabin or house for vacations here and there, and I hoped that someday I could do the same. I never really imagined that it would work out, or happen so quickly!
Eric and I check the MLSonline all the time. We just love looking at houses and cabins and seeing what's out there. So when we came across a couple cabins in the Longville area that were priced really low (as in, I actually called a realtor to ask if the list price was accurate or were they missing a 1 in front of the other numbers!), we decided to line up a realtor to show us the properties. We looked at two cabins, and were pleasantly surprised with one on Hand Lake. So....long story short...we closed on Friday, August 3, and spent the weekend up at our new cabin. It needs some TLC in some areas (namely some of the walls that are just bare wood), but it is super cozy and we can't wait to make it our own. I'm sure we'll keep you updated on our cabin projects here on the ol' blog.
Click here to see an album of pics I took when we first looked at the cabin.
| Happy Heidi with the lake behind me |
| Cheers! The night after the closing - we spent the afternoon cleaning and getting one of the bedrooms ready for us and Emmett to sleep. |
Some fun facts about the cabin:
- Built in 1980 (it's the same age as we are!)
- 460 square feet
- Wood-burning stove
- Running water/electricity
- Has a garage (super rare find!)
- 0.84 acres
- Sits in a small bay of Hand Lake, which is 260 acres
- Takes ~3-3.5 hours to drive up there from St. Paul
| Emmett loves looking out the door and windows. This is the door facing the lake. I'm standing in the living area with the kitchen to my left. |
| Mom, can I shut the door and then open it and then be sad that I shut the door? |
| Bathtime in the sink, overlooking the yard and lake. |
That's all for now. We'll keep you posted as we clean it up a bit and make it more homey and Stoney. :)
2 comments:
soooo cute! I love it! congratulations! Im sure you will make so many memories there!
Great post and update, Heids! Looks like you are having fun already!
Post a Comment