| This pic is a shout out to Emily, who reminded me that I need a new baby bump pic! And yes, I wear sweatpants at home a lot now. |
Overall, I'm still feeling pretty good and still really like growing this baby in my belly. He moves so much now, which sometimes makes me laugh out loud, especially when he does a rhythmic kick or punch like 3 in a row. He did that last night while I was watching American Idol. I think he likes music like his mama. :)
Here's a little list of changes I've been experiencing lately:
Weight gain: 20 pounds as of last week (seeing as how I just ate a McDonald's value meal for dinner, I'm guessing I've gained more just tonight)
Side effects I'm experiencing:
- Swollen ankles sometimes after being on my feet all day
- Needing to pee about every hour during the day and at 3 am every night
- Calf/foot cramps (Apparently having cramps almost every night is not something a pregnant lady is supposed to just deal with. I found this out from the shocked look on my midwife's face as she scribbled down the names of the supplements I should take on a post-it and shoved it into my hand.)
- Alittle lower back pain (especially when I am lying down or sitting and need to adjust myself - I need to move slowly like a big ol' pregnant lady)
- Waking up several times a night because I'm just not super comfortable (Lying on one side is not the way I like to sleep. I'm looking forward to sleeping on my back or stomach again in the somewhat near future. What a luxury!)
- We finished our 5-week childbirth prep class at St. Joe's this week
- Still going to prenatal yoga about once a week (and still not doing the inverted poses)
- I'm now feeling the need to read more about breastfeeding
- We need to freakin' register for a hospital. We were on board with St. Joe's, but then I heard that there are volunteer doulas at Woodwinds (whereas if we decided to hire a doula and deliver at St. Joe's, it would cost more money.....I'm not even sure if we want a doula. Sometimes it sounds like it'd be nice to have an extra support person present, but who knows...Jury's still out on this one...)
- I caved an bought some ADORABLE baby flip flops that say "Ahoy Ladies!" and an outfit that says "chick magnet" on it from Old Navy today. I couldn't help myself. Plus, I had a coupon.
- The nursery is coming along! See some pics below and read the captions - I would love opinions on some things!
I love that room. I like to just turn on the light and look at it and sometimes sit in the glider all by myself. I'm excited to see what it's like when that room comes to life.
| View of the nursery from the doorway - that's the dresser/changing table on left |
| Our new bookshelf from Target with the cute bins my sisters & Beth got us, along with some books we got at Borders and from my friend Ashlee's mom (garage saler extraordinaire) - Thanks Pam! |
1 comment:
Everything looks great! Especially YOU! Ottoman - I'm a dark-color lover myself, so there's that. The beige looks good too though! I can't imagine it NOT looking great in there. Can't wait to meet the new nephew!!!
Post a Comment